Indexable drill with economical 6 cutting edges insert
6 cornered insert with high performance that’s an extremely economical solution
Applications & Features
1. Double-sided insert with 6-cutting edges
• TungSixDrill is the first indexable drill in the world to adapt double-sided inserts with 6-cutting edges, reducing the insert consumption for the customers.
2. Low cutting force even with double sided insert
• The cutting forces are almost equal to competitors positive single sided inserts, especially at higher feed rates, thus complementing higher productivity.
3. Enhanced corner of central insert
• The central corner is strengthened by an obtuse angle relief thus increasing the corner strength and reliability.
Drill body with adjustable cartridge covers hole diameter ranges from: øDc: ø55 mm – ø80 mm, L/D = 2.5
Highly rigid body and optimized insert position
Provides well balanced cutting forces and stable machining conditions for highly accurate hole making.
Adjustable tool diameter
TungDrillBig features 5 drill body sizes that can accommodate a range of setting plates covering a diameter range from ø55 mm – ø80 mm.
Variety of design options
TDX and TDS type cartridges can be affixed to the same body.
Inserts & Grades
- P30 – P40 / M30 – M40
High fracture resistance
Suitable for machining steel and stainless steel under general cutting conditions
- P15 – P35 / K10 – K25
- High wear resistance
- Suitable for drilling steel and cast iron at high speed
Drill bodies & Related tools
|Material:||S55C / C55|
|Drill:||TDS200F25-2, øDc = 20 mm|
|Cutting conditions:||Vc = 200 (m/min)
f = 0.15 (mm/rev)
Vf = 477 (mm/min)
H = 30 (mm)
Machine: Vertical M/C, BT40
|Material:||FCD450 / GGG45|
|Drill:||TDS420F40-2, øDc = 42 mm|
|Cutting conditions:||Vc = 120 (m/min)
f = 0.2 (mm/rev)
Vf = 180 (mm/min)
H = 80 (mm)
Machine: NC lathe
|Material:||SCM440 / 42CrMo4|
|Drill:||TDS500F40-3, øDc = 50 mm|
|Cutting conditions:||Vc = 160 (m/min)
f = 0.11 (mm/rev)
Vf = 112 (mm/min)
H = 80, 65 (mm)
Machine: Horizontal M/C, BT50