Solid carbide drills with 4 effective cutting edges for superior productivity
Four eff ective cutting edges for high drilling productivity
Applications & Features
1. Optimized drill edge geometry allows smooth drill entry and stable drilling operations
2. Double feed of conventional two-flute drills
3. Four margins and a self-centering drill geometry enables high hole precision and quality
Drill bodies & Grades
Standard cutting conditions
|ISO||Workpiece material||Brinell hardness
|Feed: f (mm/rev)|
|ø6 – ø9.9||ø10 – ø16|
|Grey cast irons
|– 200||60 – 120||0.2 – 0.8||0.3 -1.0|
|Ductile cast irons
|– 300||60 – 120||0.2 – 0.8||0.3 -1.0|
- The cutting parameters shown in the table are a starting guideline.
Values should be varied depending on the power or rigidity of the machine.
Optimum conditions should be selected depending on the actual chip control or damage on edges.
- When using the smaller diameter tools in each range, set the feed “f” to the lower values.
- When drilling with a depth deeper than L/D = 3, a pecking cycle or dwell operation should be considered depending on the actual chip control.