Iwaki, Mar 2018 – Tungaloy expands its SolidMeister, a family of solid end mills, to include FeedMeister solid ceramic end mills.
Solid end mill applications are expanding as components are becoming more complex and miniaturized using diverse, difficult-to-cut materials such as heat-resistant superalloys.
Pressing weight reduction requirements of aircrafts urges manufacturers to use more difficult-to-machine materials to make components. Typical materials, such as Nickel-based superalloys, impose extreme stress on the tool’s cutting edge, thereby suppressing productivity improvement.
Tungaloy’s new ceramic end mill lines of the FeedMeister series provide extremely high productivity, surpassing other solutions on the market. Due to its high thermal resistance, ceramic end mills enable super high speed milling. The enhanced FeedMeister line offers a tooling solution for demanding operations that require higher efficiency.
- At a glance:
- Ceramic end mills suitable for machining HRSAs
- FX150 ceramic grade enables high speed machining
- High feed geometry provides extraordinary machining efficiency
- Also good for cast iron and specialty graphite materials
- Total of 6 items to be added