Iwaki, December 2017 – Tungaloy is expanding its line for TungSix-Drill, the head-changeable drill, to include the AH3135 grade.
TungSix-Drill is the world’s first indexable insert drill that incorporates double-sided, triangular inserts with six effective cutting edges. Unlike traditional double-sided inserts, which would generate unwanted, heavy cutting load during drilling, the TungSix-Drill insert is designed with an optimized rake angle and chipbreakers on both sides of the insert, which provide the same light cutting action as a single-sided, positive insert.
AH3135 is an extremely fracture-resistant grade consisting of a tough carbide substrate and multiple layers of coatings for high fracture resistance. This grade constitution ensures stable drilling and long tool life in vibration-driven unfavorable cutting conditions.
Thanks to the insert’s increased number of cutting edges and tool life, TungSix-Drill realizes the most efficient cost-per-insert-economy in Tungaloy’s hole-making line.
- At a glance:
- Drill diameters: ø20 – 54 mm, 2xD, 3xD, and 4xD
- Double-sided inserts with six fully usable cutting edges
- Identical inserts useful for both the center and the periphery
- High hole diameter accuracy thanks to the optimal insert positioning
- Robust center cutting edge thanks to the most effective geometry
- AH3135 grade for fracture resistance
- Total items to be added: 6 items